Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sugar and Spice

No snakes, or snails, or puppy dog tails... we're all girl here!

We had our anatomy ultrasound yesterday and had two people confirm for us that we are having another girl!  I'm so excited! 



Leading up to yesterday, I would have been really happy either way.  A boy would even things out, give the full experience of parenting, carried on the family name; a girl would be a best friend for T, another adorable Daddy's girl, and more sweet dresses!  Once we found out it was a girl, I was a little surprised at how happy that news made me!  Yay!  Two little girls!  Two daughters! Uh-oh, two weddings! ;)

Immediately, I began thinking about all the things I want/have to do now:
  1. Sort out T's closet and dresser to make room for her sister. 
  2. Wash and put away all the newborn items that we'll need right away.
  3. Make a list of things we'll need to stock up on (nursing pads, newborn diapers, crib sheets, milk storage bags, etc.)
  4. Research and purchase another crib.
  5. Rearrange T's room to make space for two.
  6. Start making handmade items:
    1. sleeping gowns
    2. bibs
    3. hats
    4. crib skirt
    5. blanket
I am both daunted and excited by the list above.  I have so much going on with school, but I can't wait to start these projects too!  Here are some of my inspirations:

Source: etsy.com via Melissa on Pinterest




Miss T's crib skirt made from the Amy Butler Little Stitches pattern.


Source: etsy.com via Melissa on Pinterest

I can't wait to start tackling this list and giving you updates on my progress.  Maybe I'll even craft a tutorial or two along the way!  I'm really excited about the sleeping gown project.  How cute would it be to have it lined with minky on the inside!?  So soft and comfy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww!

Always so happy when you post.

ness