Friday, July 27, 2012

Sisters

I don't know if all parents feel this way.  I don't know if its because it took so long for my sister and I to have a good relationship (Love ya Ness!).  But, when I watch T and K interact with each other, my heart gets overwhelmed with joy and love.  There appears to be something special between those two girls and as a mom, I pray that connection lasts a lifetime.  K loves to stare at T, full of fascination and adoration.  I read an article recently discussing the guilt some parents have that child #2 doesn't get the same level of attention the first did.  The article pointed out, that not only does the second child get your attention, but they also get the attention of their older sibling.  Below are some pictures from the last two months.  From the pictures below, its obvious how much these girls love each other!


 I love these two pictures of the girls in matching dresses.  Not because they match, but because you can see how they interact with each other. 

 T loves to get down on K's level.  Maybe its due partly to T suddenly wanting all her baby toys again, but she loves to entertain K.  Often, I'll hear T squeal, "She's smiling at me!".  Truthfully, T is the only one to make K laugh so far, and trust me, I've been trying!
 Although I'm a hot mess in this one, I love that it shows one of our relaxing weekend mornings, me and the girls still in PJs, enjoying time together.
T has been asking to hold K a lot more recently.  Now that K's head control is better, its much easier to orchestrate!  I love seeing the joy in T's eyes in the picture below.
The best day, however, was when T said to K (unprompted), "I lub [love] you".  It was all I could do not to cry!

1 comment:

ReNewNess said...

woot! name drop! yay!
xoxo
ness