Friday, August 10, 2012

A Letter to K

Hi Peanut,

You're 4 months and two weeks old today. I found out today that I got the job I interviewed for and I'm so happy.  I'm also a little sad that our time together is almost over.  You need to know that I've loved every single minute with you, all the laughs, songs, stories, diapers, drool, spit-ups, tears, blow-outs, tubbies, etc.  But Mumma needs to work.  It's something that I need to do, that I've worked really hard for, and that I want to build on.  See, I want to be an example to you and your sister.  I want you to know that you don't have to choose or settle for something less than your dreams.  If you want it badly enough and are willing to work, you can have a career and be a great mom and wife, if that's what you want.  I tip my hat to women who aspire to be stay-at-home moms.  They are especially equipped, talented, creative, and patient.  I've loved being that with you for these last 20 weeks.  I love and adore you and I will forever treasure this time that we've had together.  You're growing up too fast and I'm already sad about the firsts that I'm going to miss.  Everyday after work, I'm going to run to pick you and your sister up and give you the biggest hugs and kisses.  After all, I put the mother in smother.  This transition will be hard for all of us, but we'll be better and stronger in the end.  I love you so much, K.

With all my love and more,

Mummy



No comments: