Friday, December 2, 2011

Pinterest project reviews

Poor little T was sick today, which meant that I got to stay home with her.  Our morning was fun, filled with decorating for Christmas and playing with "Mummy" and "Daddy" (basically any human like form in plastic, fabric or wood).  Once she went down for her nap though, I was all business!  I've felt lately, like I have a hundred different projects started and none finished.  I was determined to check many of those off my list.  As it happens quite often lately, many of these projects were Pinterest inspired, so I'll give a little review for you!

My inspiration:
Source: youtube.com via Melissa on Pinterest




My results:


The hardest part of this project was getting the coat hanger untwisted and shaped and keeping the ornaments attached to their caps!  I love how it turned out.  For $15, I bought 50 ornaments from Target that were the perfect amount.  The ribbon I purchased from Michael's for $4.99 and I have plenty left over for other random projects.


The holiday season is upon us.  I've shared previously my woes of trying to find a maternity dress that is appropriate and dressy enough without costing $100+.  Well, I found this dress at Old Navy:


Source: oldnavy.com via Melissa on Pinterest

But seriously, I'm only going to wear it once.  I'll have to figure out how to refashion it afterward!  Anyways, the taupe is kind of a hard color to accesorize or match, so I figured I could make a necklace with ribbon I found (that was the perfect match) and large clunky plastic beads.  My original plan was to thread the ribbon through the beads, but without drilling larger holes, that wasn't going to work.  Then I found this tutorial:



I wasn't so sure how this would turn out for a dressier look, but I absolutely love it! 
Check it out!



Oh pinterest, how you have come through for me again!  I'm working on a sweater into cardigan refashion complete with step by step pictures.  Hopefully I'll get that uploaded this weekend.

I also hope to check off more project this weekend as B is working and I'll have two naps (Sat and Sun) to get things done!
               

Little update, I wore this necklace out last night.  I just loved the look and feel of it!  Well, Miss T did too and was playing with it while we were waiting for our food at Panera.  I probably should haved used stronger thread (I used two strands of invisible thread) since she snapped it right off and beads went flying everywhere!  Luckily, we retrieved every single bead, so I can remake a stronger 2.0 version of this necklace.

1 comment:

Arizona Biltmore said...

Love it!!! I wish we lived closer so I could do Pinterest projects with you too! I made necklaces for Abbie & I from a interest idea...they came out pretty good!