Monday, January 23, 2012

Overwhelmed with joy

I've been working on this baby for quite some time now - 5 years and 5 months if you're counting.

We've suffered though ups and downs, achievements and set backs, sickness and health.

Through it all, I've had my friends and family supporting me, loving me, keeping me sane, and generally putting up with me, getting me to this point.

There have been days where I could never see myself doing anything else.

There were those others days where "Plan B" was formulated and rehashed - cosmetology school, wedding planner, beach bum.

In the end, I wouldn't change a thing.

I have finally set a date for my thesis defense!  Woot! Woot!

I still have some work to do in the meantime, mostly writing, a few quick experiments, but I can see it.  Not just the light, but the actual end of the tunnel!

I'm going to need some extra prayers to get there as I'm starting to feel the burn out.  If you've been with me all this time, thank you for everything you have done.  Whether you realize it or not, you're support has gotten me here.

On February 24th, my fate will be decided.  From that point on, I will be taking questions directed only to Dr. Hayes! :)

No comments: