Friday, January 20, 2012

Yes, I'm still alive

OK, so where were we...

Right, right, T was sick last week, I caught it and thought I was getting better and then things started to nose dive.

I have been sick for over a week now.  That thesis that I didn't look at last week went untouched again this week.  Crafting?  Sewing?  Yeah right, unless you call the creative mountain of tissues in the waste basket crafting, I haven't accomplished much.  I did actually get some sleep last night and the one before (woohoo!) and I was able to catch up with my awesome friend Aubrey yesterday.

On the mommy front:
We have had some ongoing potty training issues.  I've been waiting to write about it until I could call it a success, but it appears that, like everything else, it's going to take a bit longer than I expected.  She is doing great at it though, and for having started at 20 months, I'm a very proud momma!  My dear friend/cousin Erica has been having awesome success at training her son who turned 2 last month.  Glad I could be an inspiration!  Just hope our successes start to pile up like yours!

Let me state for the record that we aren't pushing her into this.  She has been showing interest for a long time, mostly because her friends at daycare were potty training (and are 4 and 6 months older than her).  One day she decided she didn't want to wear a diaper and so big girl underwear it was!  We've had a few set set backs though.  The week she was sick, we didn't do any potty time, just diapers.  The poor girl had no energy.  She's been using the potty at daycare consistently and almost never has accidents, but for the last couple of weeks, has not wanted to use the potty at home.  Poor girl would hold it all evening until we put her in her night-night diaper!  We had some success last night though, and she went on the potty at home! Woohoo!  I know there will be more set backs and accidents, but that little girl of mine is doing great!  Her teacher at daycare told me that she is the youngest to start potty training.  Everyone else was at least two years old.  Yay T!  On the other hand, not so sure how I feel about her being so influenced by the kids around her - peer pressure! ;)

Hopefully, I'm on the road to recovery and will be able to start getting some things done/made around here.  I have a huge list of things I want to make for Baby#2 as well as getting my shop back on track.  Here's hoping I can manage my time and get some things done soon!

1 comment:

Erica said...

oh my goodness, T is doing great! It usually does take a lot of time to get it down pact. I have no clue why John is doing so well, but he is behind on other fronts in his life. You guys started young, and for her being 20 months, she is doing really well. I know some 3 yr old girls (or girls were at age three) who aren't potty trained yet.

Hang in there! She will get it soon enough :-)

We cannot wait to see you guys this next weekend, and we love you!