Monday, January 16, 2012

The Plague

I think we're finally on the winning side.  For the past week, we've been house-bound.  T spiked a fever last Monday at daycare and is finally recovering.  I started getting sick on Friday and I think I'm getting better.  Super mom that I am, I can't take all the credit.  We had a little help from amoxicillin and tylenol.  I ended up taking her to the pediatrician (we love her doctors!) on Thursday because she just kept getting worse.  What they told me made me even more scared - she was developing pneumonia!  My poor baby! 

I remember having a mommy meltdown that afternoon when we got home and I was finally able to get her to take a nap.  I felt so helpless, that I couldn't do anything to help my little girl get better.  Each of the next few days saw improvements and I'm happy to report that she is going back to daycare tomorrow. 

Needless to say, we got very little done this last week.  No crafting, no sewing, still haven't figured out how to use my serger yet. (OK, I did try my hand at making a maternity tunic, stay tuned for that post and let me know if it was a win or fail)  Haven't even looked at my thesis in a week!  I can say that the final experiment to complete all that I proposed will be finished tomorrow and I have the green light from my mentor to plan a defense date!  Woohoo!  The bad news is that he won't be available for the two weeks that I would prefer to set a date.  Oh well, it will be done soon thereafter.  Plan on hearing updates from that by the end of February!

So, here are a few snapshots of my last week.  Poor little girl would go from funny and playful -




to miserable and exhausted in a split second -



We watched a LOT of Sesame.  By the end of the week, she had discovered some DVDs, so we watched a lot more Elmo, but also some Nemo and Horton.  Every puzzle and Christmas gift was played with.  Every single book was read, over and over again.  This is how we rounded out yesterday -


snuggled up on the couch and watching football (yes, even I watched it too!).

I think we'll all be happy to be back in our routine!



No comments: