Thursday, September 15, 2011

Daycare Education

Things T has learned at Daycare recently

Let me start by saying that I love the daycare we found for T. Everytime I think there might be an issue, all of my concerns are put to rest and then some. She loves it there and I love bringing her there.

I think there might be some enhancement of her learning in the presence of other kids.

Here are my favorites so far:

She has learned what sound the letter B makes.

She has peed on the potty once (and clapped for herself upon doing so!).

T has learned where her elbow is. Constantly, for the last week, the girl looks like she's about to put down a serious wrestling move on the next person to look at her funny. You've been warned.

She has learned where her armpit is. Great. Musicals to follow.

T has also learned where her tongue is, and she likes to show it to you - the whole thing!

She has learned where her belly button is. She likes to find it, despite whatever outfit she is wearing. She will pull her shirt (or dress) up, almost over her head, look down, push in her little belly to find her button and stick her finger as far into her belly button as she can. It looks painful.

Aside from all this, she is also learning a ton about social interaction and gaining confidence - so awesome! The first two weeks, she would cling to the closest part of me that should could grab. Now, I put her down and off she goes. I'm the one clinging to her before I leave!  Is there somewhere I can go that will build my confidence?

No comments: