Thursday, February 2, 2012

Bathrooms Renovation

Yep, you read that right.  We are undertaking the renovation of both of our full bathrooms.  We've hired a contractor who is a friend-of-a-friend and he does amazing work.  He even took the time to go shopping with us last weekend to start picking up our supplies!

Our renovation will be floor-to-ceiling!  New tile floors, new fixtures, new paint, EVERYTHING MUST GO!

If you follow me on Pinterest, you've probably noticed me pinning a lot of grey bathroom items.  We're trying to stay neutral and not specific, keeping in mind that we will be selling this house in a few years. I do plan to add personality in our accents.  If you ask anyone, my favorite color is green.  B's favorite color is orange.  Thus, we will have one grey-green bathroom and one grey-orange bathroom.  I'm not sure which palette I like more!

Picking out paint color might be one of the most painful tasks in the history of ever.  I was browsing Pinterest and Google images and just not finding anything I liked.  Then I stumbled onto the Sherman-Williams website.  They have this awesome Color Visualizer tool! You can upload an image of your room, or just use a standard one they have available on their website and start playing with paint!  It's so easy!  Here are a couple I put together:



I can't wait to get home and take a pic of our hideous bathrooms to really get an idea of how incredible this transformation will be.  Besides, I can't blog about bathroom renos without a few really ugly before pics, right?  I promise not even to clean them up at all!

Anyways, if you are planning a room renovation and are struggling with paint colors, check out this tool!

No comments: