Friday, February 3, 2012

Lunch Date

This weekend, B and I will participate in a marriage seminar: effective communication and keeping the spark alive. We're really looking forward to this seminar and know how important it is to continually work on your marriage and make it a priority, especially once you have kids. We try to do this with lunch dates and real dates once in a while.
Today, I got to go on a different kind of date that I think is equally important. I got to go on a date with myself. I know that sounds weird but it is so worth it if you get a chance. Nothing fancy. Lunch at a coffee shop and then grocery shopping by myself. I feel so recharged! I got to do a crossword puzzle and read an actual book!
Don't get me wrong, I crave alone time with B and I still cry when we go out without Miss T for a night. But, time alone is awesome!

No comments: