Monday, February 6, 2012

Salt Dough

We were having B's cousin and his family over one afternoon for a playdate/dinner.  I figured, with two toddlers, I better have some activity planned!  Home made salt dough!

Ingredients:
flour
salt
warm water
food coloring

Use a 2:1:1 ratio for the ingredients (flour:salt:warm water).  So for each cup of flour, use 1/2 cup of salt and a 1/2 cup of water. I wanted to make a few colors, so I did smaller portions.  Mix up the flour and the salt.


Add food coloring to warm water, about 6-10 drops depending on how bright you want it to be.


Mix it up, and knead by hand.  After doing yellow, blue and green, I had no food dyes on my hands.  Sweet!


I portioned it out for T and JT so that each had a sample of each color and then I rolled it flat onto parchment paper and sealed it with plastic wrap until we were ready.


Gather up some cookie cutters and have fun!


They had a blast!




No comments: