Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Mummy's Last Hurrah

If you've been following along, you know that I go back to work next week and have been nesting like crazy getting ready for this major transition: two working parents and two kids.  Oy!  I've been plugging away at the new projects on my desk and I actually have it all cleared off again!  I've had some other non-sewing related things to take care of as well.  We are upgrading to a family miniv- Ha!  Ya right!  We are actually getting an SUV and to make sure we are getting the best possible trade in value, I recently took our car to get detailed.  The process takes 4 hours and, as a courtesy, you are given a two-seater Smart Car.  Carseats don't work well in two-seaters, though, so K spent a morning at daycare with T. This caused two things to happen.  1. Some of my anxiety about K starting daycare was relieved, and 2. I got to spend several hours A-L-O-N-E!!!!!  I kept a little photo diary about my day...

 Driving this guy took some getting used to!  It felt like it was going to explode right before it would shift!  I'll probably never own one, but I felt very European driving it!

First stop, breakfast - ALONE!  Have I mentioned the gloriousness of being alone yet?  Breakfast didn't last very long though.  Since becoming a parent, I've learned to eat very quickly, regardless of whether or not my food it so hot that it is scalding my tongue!

 Second stop, the mall!  I don't even remember the last time I was in a mall by myself, perhaps greater than two years ago?  I needed to find a dress for a wedding this weekend.  Unfortunately, since breakfast was so quick, I got here before the stores opened.  It was okay, it gave me some time to walk around and window shop.  However, instead of window shopping for me, I kept gravitating towards Carter's, Gymboree, Baby Gap.  Cue the tears.  I actually had to sit down for a moment to collect myself.  I think I'm going to miss being home with K more than I thought I would...

First store, Ann Taylor Loft and total SCORE!  I ended up buying the second dress I tried on.  And, I got to go down a size, double bonus!
Before I knew it, our car was ready.  I enjoyed a few more moments of freedom right here before real life settled in again and I headed to the grocery store.  The best part of my day?  Picking up K and getting a good report.  She actually ate (a little), slept fine, and was smiling and laughing.  She had a great morning too!  I was so relieved and a lot of my anxieties about her eating were eased.  The transition next week may be rough, but we can do it and we will all survive.

No comments: