Saturday, September 15, 2012

Wet Bags

I've been checking projects and errands off of my "To-Do-Before-Going-Back-to-Work" list like crazy.  One of those things was to make wet bags for K's dirty diapers at daycare.  These bags are made from polyurethane laminate, or PUL, and are great for anything that gets wet or dirty, gym clothes, bathing suits, diapers, etc.  When I saw this on a recent shopping trip, I knew I had to make some wet bags for the girls!  From one yard (at 14.99/yd), I made 5 wet bags bags:

Cut fabric to 36"x 12"

Sew over 1/4 inch along each of the long sides

Fold over the top 1/4 inch, then 3/4 inches and sew with a 1/8" seam allowance to create casing

Sew sides together using 1/8" seam allowance, leaving casing open

Thread 30" of ribbon through the casing and tie knot

That's it!  Really quick and easy for some really useful and versatile bags.  I have to admit, I've never been so excited to put a dirty diaper in something I just made!

No comments: