Monday, September 10, 2012

Nesting

I have one week left until K starts daycare and I go back to work.  There's so much that needs to be done, and yet, I can't start doing any of it yet!  In desperation, I made coordinating dresses for the girls for K's first day at daycare, just so I could be doing something in preparation.  I know, I have a problem.  That's when I realized that nesting isn't just for pregnant women about to bust.  No, no.  Nesting can take over your life any time there is about to be a big change or transition phase.  Right now, me going back to work is going to be a huge transition for the entire family.  Hence, nesting.

For example, I went to Joann Fabrics the other day. I've been meaning to make more "mimis" or "lovies" for T since hers is starting to get a little love worn and I needed material.  Here's what I came home with:


Yeah, a lot more than I planned on getting originally.  Here's my new nesting project breakdown.

 Yellow minky and multicolored dot super soft fleece with satin blanket binding for T's new mimis.

 Enough PUL to make 5 wet/dirty diaper bags for K at daycare, one for each day.

 Tulle for T's Halloween costume (of course I forgot the ribbon!).

And, I just decided that I had to make T a traveling sleeping mat with sleepy owl jersey knit and hot pink fleece.

What's hilarious is that I just recently finished and cleared every project off my sewing desk and now I have a whole pile again!  Oh well, the good news is I have plenty of projects for more posts and at least I'll feel like I'm doing something to get ready for going back to work.

No comments: