Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sleepless night, Happy Momma

9/25/2012

Seriously, that title isn't a typo.  As I lay on my daughter's floor this morning snuggling my sweet, sweet 2 year old, I realized that I am a very happy Momma.

It's probably safe to say that none of us have been getting the sleep we need lately.  T is exploring her freedom and independence now that she's in her toddler bed.  K likes to stay up late at night and sleep all morning.  I'm back to work and have to get up before dawn to get out the door at a reasonable time, and B needs to get up earlier now to help me.  We're all exhausted.

But, when K wakes up in the middle of the night, it's an extra half hour that I get to snuggle and love on her now that I don't get to do it all day long.  And, when T creeps in (like a ninja!) an hour later asking where her baby doll's hat is (at 3:55am), I get to spend some quality time with my little girl who is growing up way too fast.

As I slowly peeled myself off T's floor this morning, groaning, I wasn't frustrated about the sleepless night.  I was thankful for the little moments that I get to be a mom to my girls and show them how much I love them.

______________________________________________________

9/26/2012

Did T and K somehow read this entry before I even posted it?  OK, girls.  Yes, I love you.  Yes, I love snuggling you.  However, multiple times a night, each?!  And somehow, you two coordinated wake ups so that K was up every half hour until 12:30am and then T woke up twice in the early morning hours?  Is this just the beginning of the two of you ganging up on your poor Daddy and I?  I love you, but right now, I love the sight of a sleeping you even more.  
Sigh, where's the coffee...???

Signed,
A weary, but still happy Momma

p.s. I'm still thankful for those extra snuggles. :)




http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/2011/05/tired-mom.jpg
http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/2011/05/tired-mom.jpg

No comments: