Monday, September 3, 2012

Halloween 2012

I love Halloween.  It's my favorite holiday, as evidenced by last year's posts here and here.  While the only thing scary in my life right now are car and student loan payments, I like the idea of being spooked by something that I know is just pretend.  I also love an excuse as an adult to dress up.  I figured, T being 2, I had one last year to decide what we would be and I had a great one planned, a whole family group costume.  We were going to be the Mario Bros.!  Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach (T) and Toad (K).

Sigh.  Unfortunately, T is 2 going on 12 and she definitely has an opinion of her own.  She told me last week that she wanted to be a ballerina princess.  While I could squeeze this into my orginal plan, I had promised a long time ago that once she could choose for herself, she would decide her Halloween costume. And, side note, she wants her costume to be yellow, pink, and purple.  Ok, darling, whatever you want.

So, I searched the web, looking for inspiration, from none other than my favorite idea website, Pinterest.  (p.s. Are you following me there yet? It's http://pinterest.com/melissa_w_hayes)

Here's some ideas I found:

Source: zulily.com via Melissa on Pinterest


Source: 50.28.10.151 via Anna on Pinterest

Source: etsy.com via Christie on Pinterest

Source: etsy.com via Carolyn on Pinterest


I really like the ribbon edged tutu look, but I didn't find any "how-to's", so I think I should get to work and make my own, don't you?  Well, I've got less than two months so I best get to work!

No comments: